“L’affaire Sine” followed the engagement of Mr Sarkozy, 22, to Jessica Sebaoun-Darty, the Jewish heiress of an electronic goods chain. Commenting on an unfounded rumour that the president’s son planned to convert to Judaism, Sine quipped: “He’ll go a long way in life, that little lad.”
A high-profile political commentator slammed the column as linking prejudice about Jews and social success. Charlie Hebdo’s editor, Philippe Val, asked Sinet to apologise but he refused, exclaiming: “I’d rather cut my balls off.”
Mr Val’s decision to fire Sine was backed by a group of eminent intellectuals, including the philosopher Bernard-Henry Lévy, but parts of the libertarian Left defended him, citing the right to free speech.
You have no freedom of speech. In fact you have severe restrictions on speech. The only freedom you give is to insult religions (other than judaism of course).
Let me show you some recent cases of how the west restricts freedom of speech:
1. Australian Election: Tony Abbott’s ‘sex appeal’ comments come under fire
2. You can’t refuse to vote in Australia without a fine:
3. Do not wear headscarves; do not wear crucifixes; do not question the syllabus:France’s school rules
4. Birmingham college bans the burka
5. Muslim girl must go to swimming lessons – German court
6. US TV star Phil Robertson suspended for anti-gay remarks
7. French court convicts Islamic veil-wearing woman
8. Parti Quebecois wants to keep religious clothing such as turbans, yarmulkes and big crosses out of the public workplace.
9. Britain should consider banning Muslim girls and young women from wearing veils in schools and public places, a Home Office minister has said.
10. Mozilla boss Brendan Eich resigns after gay marriage storm
11. Jeremy Clarkson: BBC upbraids presenter over ‘racist’ clip
12. Bike sex man placed on probation
My point: There must be a red line. Islam does not support racism or abuse of other religions. The only thing is we are upfront about restricting freedom of speech but the west lies out of their teeth and says they have freedom of speech yet they do not as just demonstrated.
You have a red line. Admit it. We have a red line too.
We aren’t so different then are we? Some freedoms have to be compromised. The punishments may vary but the point is that punishments exist.
Your freedom of speech however only means freedom to insult all religions (except Judaism) borne out of your centuries old war with the criminal Roman catholic Church.
We will not allow you to insult our Prophet (Peace and Blessing be upon him).
Quit this hypocrisy of freedom of speech , quit lying to yourself and others.